Nope, it’s not a typo. It’s my new ‘do – a combination of bob box braids. I have wanted to rock this ‘do since forever, so I am totally excited for it. I had it done at a salon in town and it took 3.5 hours, which is not bad at all. I have once sat over 10 hours getting my hair braided!
Here is how I prepped my hair for the protective style:
- Prepoo: Coconut oil, finger detangled my hair and sat for 30 minutes under my heating cap
- Shampoo: ORS Creamy Aloe
- Deep Conditioner: Carebeau Beer and Egg Yolk Hair Treatment Wax, left it on overnight and steamed my hair in the morning before rinsing out the conditioner
- Leave-Ins: Motions CPR Triple Action and Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Conditioner
- Moisture and Sealing: AfroBotanics Conditioning Moisturiser and Olive Oil
I made sure that my hair was properly detangled, I did not want to leave that to the stylist, so I stretched my new growth by blow drying it using the tension method with cool hair.
How I am going to take care of my hair:
- Daily: Moisturise with my DIY hair spritz
- 3 times a week: Massage my scalp with my JBCO mix
- Every 2 to 3 weeks: Shampoo and Deep Condition
Sidenote: I am joining the Hairlista Castor Oil Challenge which started on the 19th of September, there is still time to join. Over at the South African Hairlista Group, we are also running a contest along with the castor oil challenge and there will be prizes for the most improved…talk about motivation!