Hair

The results are in, I have found my staple deep conditioners for my natural hair

Deep conditioners for natural hair

The trial is over, the results are in and the winners are…. Ok, ok, let me back track before making the big announcemnent.

7 weeks ago, I started my testing of deep conditioners which I though would work on my hair. This was ultimately for pinning down my staple deep conditioners. This is one of my 2016 hair goals: to pin down my staple products. I have tried both moisturising and protein/moisture balanced deep conditioners. Most of the conditioners I had used before while my hair was still relaxed, I needed to see the response of the conditioner to my natural hair.

Moisturising deep conditioners for natural hair

In this category, I really loved using the Dark and Lovely Amla Legend Rejuvenating Ritual Replenishing Hair Mask – this conditioner was awesome on my transitioning hair and it left my natural hair soft and yummy. Another favourite was the Hask Coconut Monoi Oil Nourishing Deep Conditioner, however I found out that this does not have a full-sized version whomp whomp. Buying the sachet is too expensive especially just for one wash – it costs R50.

Balanced deep conditioners for natural hair

In this catergory only the ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak made the cut.

These 2 conditioners join my protein conditioner AfroBotanics Repairing & Strengthening Treatment along with Dabur Vatika Hot Oil Intensive Nourishment Treatment as my deep conditioners of choice.

I think I will be able to handle 4 conditioners and will rotate them accordingly. I just hope that they product junkie bug doesn’t bite me anytime soon.

Previous Post Next Post

If you liked this post, you may also like

13 Comments

• Reply Lebo

With enough will, that bug does get suppressed… well done on your choices babe love them

January 13, 2016 at 12:44
    • Reply Lungi

Thanks Lebo, I will try my hardest to be get bitten by that PJ bug

January 14, 2016 at 13:03
  • Reply Nosihle

Love your choice, will definitely try them out, I have been using the same deep conditioner for about a year ORS Olive Oil Replenishing pack.I have managed to try the ORS Hairepair conditioner for me falls under the moisturising category.

January 14, 2016 at 09:09
    • Reply Lungi

How has the ORS Hairepair been treating you? I found it a bit too thin for my liking.

January 14, 2016 at 13:10
  • Reply Yvonne - Diary's of Another Chic

I absolutely love the your balanced conditioners, they are my staples as well. I haven’t tried the dark and lovely cons since they rebranded, I’ll definitely give them a try. Great post.

January 14, 2016 at 10:18
    • Reply Lungi

Hi Yvonne, I didn’t think I’d like the DL conditioner as much as I did. You should definitely try it out. Thanks for the comment 🙂

January 14, 2016 at 13:21
  • Reply Becca

That was quick! You must be relieved to have found staple products… The D&L conditioner is very tempting, I have not used their products in ages, I think I will give this one a try! I love ORS Replenishing Conditioner too, very balanced conditioner.

January 15, 2016 at 07:36
    • Reply Lungi

Me and my pocket are relieved 🙂 I’ll look out on your blog for the D&L review.

January 15, 2016 at 11:44
  • Reply Tshego

Hi, you are the first blogger I have come across that has mentioned Afrobotanics, I am pleased, did you do a review on it?

February 15, 2016 at 13:16
    • Reply Lungi

Hey Tshego – please search for Afrobotanics on the blog. All the posts where I wrote about it will show up.

February 15, 2016 at 18:22
  • Reply ByLungi - tips & tricks to bring your natural 4c hair back to health after neglecting it - ByLungi

[…] Conditioning I mixed the ORS Replenishing Conditioner with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and applied it to my hair. I put my hair under my heating cap for 30 […]

January 23, 2017 at 09:01
  • Reply brigitte kotzee

21.04.2017
    thanx a million i just stumbled across this and it is so insightful , i defs also like the dark and lovely but will try out the coconut and monoi ( been wanting to for ages)

April 21, 2017 at 10:19