Happy Human Rights Day everybody, I hope you are having an awesome day whichever way you chose to spend it.I was tagged by Katleho who blogs over at GentleOrchid for this tag. It has taken me a while to write it and try figure out things about me that are weird and interesting. It’s a fun, light hearted tag for the readers of the blog to know a bit more about me, nothing too serious. I hope you guys enjoy reading it.
- I love music and singing, I always have a song in my head and being in my car is like being at a concert with me as the headlining artist.
- I changed my first name when I was 17 – I wanted to reinvent myself in a way, my father was not happy with me at all.
- I have never liked eating boiled sweet potato (this is how it is usually cooked by my people), however I have recently discovered roasted sweet potato, and that bad boy is bae!
- For about a year now I’ve been attending weekly meditation classes and learning about some of the principles of Buddhism – it has been super interesting and so beneficial to my life.
- I think my tastebuds are starting to reject processed food. I’ve been on a ‘real food’ lifestyle since the beginning of the year. Processed food is starting to taste nasty; I ate a Whooper from Burger King a couple of weeks ago and it tasted horrible! I couldn’t even finish it. Even my favourite: Chicken Licken wings didn’t taste so nice the last time I ate them.
- About 10 years ago I worked in a hair products manufacturing plant. I was deeply involved in making relaxers, oil moisturisers, shampoos etc. – back then I did not have an interest in my hair as I do now. It’s awesome to look back though at the bit I can remember how we use to mix the ingredients, make one batch of a product but package it in 2 different brands which were sold at different prices.
- I don’t like putting lotion on my body after my evening shower, I feel like it’s such a waste and it’s just going to get on my sheets, lol. I know it is bad for my skin’s moisture levels, I’d rather use in shower moisturisers instead.
- I don’t particularly care much about my car being clean *hides*. My car can go for months without me cleaning it inside – it ends up looking like a mini storage area.
- I started wearing glasses 8 years ago. I used to get hectic headaches every day in the late afternoon. My doctor referred me to an optometrist who decided that I needed to wear glasses when I work on my laptop, reading or knitting. I am since healed, my headaches are no more and I am a 4 eyes at certain times of the day.
- I am experimental by nature, especially when it comes to doing DIY. I love creating things, trying out recipes etc. I don’t always get it right. I have a number of didn’t-quite-work-out projects lying around all over my house.
That’s it! Do we share any weird and wonderful things?