Hair

flat twist out tutorial

Flat twist out tutorial

I am getting better and better at this flat twist out business, Lordt knows I have been trying. With my current hair length, I can only rock a flat twist out as a fro, but I like the definition and the softness that it gives my hair. I have been rocking it this week and I filmed a video of how I did the hairdo.

I feel like the following tips and tricks have helped me to up my flat twist out game:

• Detangling It is of utmost importance to ensure that your hair is properly detangled prior to starting to flat twist, I finger detangle and I find it sufficient.
  • Technique I’ve recently learnt how to flat twist my hair, I found that as my technique has become better, so have the results. If you are the OG of flat twisting, then this doesn’t matter much. It’s mainly for those who are still learning, my advice is practice, practice, practice and watch more tutorials
  • Products So so so important in this whole thing, you want products that will keep your hair moisturised and will also provide hold for your twist out.
  • Time The longer you keep the flat twists, the more defined the results. I unfortunately haven’t been able to keep the flat twists for longer than overnight.

Click below to check out my flat twist out tutorial…

Previous Post Next Post

If you liked this post, you may also like

12 Comments

• Reply Lebo

Dude!! You Fro is looking delicious hey!! your hair is growing…

June 3, 2016 at 09:26
    • Reply Lungi

Thank you friend!
      x

June 3, 2016 at 09:47
  • Reply Mapaseka

You have beautiful hair.

June 3, 2016 at 12:02
    • Reply Lungi

June 3, 2016 at 13:35
  • Reply KLP @ SavingOurStrands

You’re on your way to becoming a flat twist diva! LOVE your results. It’s hard to believe that you just learned how to flat twist!

KLP @ http://www.savingourstrands.com

June 3, 2016 at 14:36
    • Reply Lungi

thanks KLP! I have been practicing hard and watching tons of tutorials

June 3, 2016 at 15:54
  • Reply cleo allen

I have just come across your blog. Your hair looks really nice and healthy. I find that if the hair is still damp when it is twisted, then the hair is more defined when it has dried and is undone. Thank you for your videos.

June 10, 2016 at 22:48
    • Reply Lungi

Hi Cleo, thanks for the comment. I will try to dampen my hair next time.

June 13, 2016 at 09:34
  • Reply Nomvuyo

This is my ultimate favorite style since my hair is still quite short and not as versatile as longer hair. I’ve always been able to do my own hair so its quite easy for me.I use a little bit of mousse on slightly damp hair(after wash and leave-in conditioner). I usually flat twist about six rows and to keep the flat twists for longer than overnight,I wear a headwrap the following day and in that way they come out better. Another trick for a similar outcome is using perm rods. Instead of putting the perm rods the traditional way (row by row),I would section hair in blocks and add the perm rods per block. For my head,about 12 blocks give me good results. Downside of using permrods is that they are not easy to disguise in a headwrap like flat twists.

June 15, 2016 at 15:56
    • Reply Lungi

Thanks for the perm rods tip! I will try it out when my hair is long enough, I loved using perm rods on my relaxed hair. I agree, the longer you keep the flat twists, the better the results. I haven’t been able to keep them longer than overnight though, bad planning on my side

June 18, 2016 at 20:37