Hey everybody! I decided to get my wash day done over the weekend (on Sunday) because I had some time and I was not busy travelling as usual. It felt good not feeling rushed to get my hair done, I could give it a little extra TLC.
I decided to use my Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator which I bought in January and I had not busted out yet. I pretty much repeated my last wash day with a few different products. So I shall keep the recap quick and rather focus on the first impressions of the Joico conditioner.
- Prepoo : L’Oreal Elvive Total Repair 5, I am trying to use this up – the scent is waaay too much for me. I prepooed under heat for 30 minutes
- Shampoo: Aunt Jackie’s Oh So Clean Moisturising and Softening Shampoo – my current staple sulphate free shampoo
- Instant Conditioner: Watsons Repairing Treatment Conditioner with honey, I kept it in my hair for 5 minutes then rinsed out
- Tea Rinse: Chai tea, using the pour and catch method
- Deep Conditioner: Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator. I DCed using heat for 45 minutes
- Leave-ins: Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Leave-In Conditioner, Motions CPR Triple Action Leave-In Conditioner and Coconut Oil
- Moisturise and Seal: AfroBotanics Conditioning Moisturiser and Olive Oil
First Impressions: Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator
I have seen this product all over the hair blogs for a while now – and it has gotten mostly good reviews. I saw it at a salon in South Africa and I popped in to enquire about the price, if I remember correctly, it was somewhere ~R250 for 250ml which I thought was quite expensive. However, I ran into the product again while I was in Bangkok, and I immediately plonked it into my basket…I clearly have no control over my spending ways when I am abroad.
So here goes:
Product name: Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator
Product Information: Intense hydrating treatment: restores moisture to overly dry, damage hair; seals the cuticle; imparts shine; and improves manageability and elasticity.
How to use: Apply to damp hair. Leave in 3-5 minutes. Rinse.
How I used it: I applied to my damp hair after shampoo-ing. I covered my hair with a plastic cap and sat under my heating cap for 45 minutes.
Likes: The product immediately sunk into my hair while I was applying it, it left zero residue (for me this is a sign of a product that really works). After I had rinsed it off, my hair felt soooo soft and was virtually tangle free. It really is an awesome conditioner
Dislikes: #1 The container – it requires the product to be squeeze out, and you get the product all over the tube :(. #2 the price – I can’t justify paying so much for a hair product no matter how good it is.
Pricing: Various salons will have their own prices. Online, it is R390 for 250ml from RetailBox