I picked up a sachet of this product utterly on a whim – I haven’t used any Dark and Lovely products consistently in a long time, remember how they were the holy grail of hair products back in the day? at least where I am from. I used this product on my last wash day as an instant conditioner based on the instructions given.
Product Info: An intense rinse-off treatment that conditions each strand from root to tip to leave your hair feeling silky. Intensely conditioned your hair looks rejuvenated: sleeker, silkier and healthier-looking. *Instrumental test, simulating two years’ damage to hair smoothness, when using Amla Legend shampoo, mask and oil moisturiser. For dry, breaking, dull hair
Ingredients: AQUA / WATER, GLYCERIN, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, POLYQUATERNIUM-37, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, AMODIMETHICONE, PPG-1 TRIDECETH-6, STEARYL DIMETHICONE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CHLORHEXIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE, TRIDECETH-6, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, CI 19140 / YELLOW 5, CI 15985 / YELLOW 6, PHYLLANTHUS EMBLICA FRUIT EXTRACT
Here is how my wash day went:
- Prepoo: Hot oil treatment using castor oil on my scalp and coconut oil on my strands for 30 minutes. Hot oil treatments are my staple prepoo routine, I absolutely adore them. To find out more benefits of HOTs, check out and join the 30 days of hot oil treatments challenge hosted by Jay and Jen
- Shampoo: Aunt Jackie’s Oh So Clean Moisturising and Softening Shampoo – I added some peppermint oil to soothe my scalp
Instant Conditioner: Dark and Lovely Amla Legend Rejuvenating Ritual Replenishing Hair Mask
- Deep Conditioner: Dabur Vatika Naturals Hot Oil Treatment Intensive Nourishment for 30 minutes under my heating cap. I then left it on overnight
- Leave-Ins: Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming and Motions CPR Triple Action
- Moisturising and Sealing: Afrobotanics Conditioning Moisturiser and Olive oil
- Styling: Doughnut bun for the week
Firstly, I loved the smell of this mask, I’m not sure what I was expecting, but it smelt good. After I rinsed it out my hair felt soft even down to you new growth which is such a plus for me right now at 18 weeks post relaxer. It gets all thumbs up for me for this first impression. It has intrigued me, enough to consider to buy it again.
I have a number of instant conditioners that I have to finish now, so I am going to park this conditioner till I have done due justice to my current stash.
I don’t know about you but I enjoy products that come in sachets, it makes it so much easier to make the decision to try new products out.