I am an every weekday make up wearer, if I wake up in time – I definitely do up my face. It’s such an integral part of my morning routine and I absolutely love doing my make up. So from Monday to Thursday, I am all dolled up – I reserve Fridays for Fresh Face Friday, I step out sans any make up, all I do is fill in my brows and maybe, if I’m feeling myself, I put on some lipgloss, else it’s just plain old lip balm.
Doing my make up every day takes up time a chunk of time in the morning, and I already take my time doing all my other morning stuff. To give you an idea, I get out of bed at 6am and only leave the house after 8am 😮 – but this includes showering, choosing my outfit, eating, doing my make up and taking some selfies :D. So by the time I get to work, I have already put in what sometimes feel like a full day at work.
So I have decided to streamline my make up routine, basically use the same techniques and products each day and reserve the experimental stuff for the weekend. This saves me a bit of time, I am aiming to be able to do my make up in 20 minutes flat. hahahaha – a girl can dream right!Face
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H in Colour 10
- MAC Studio Fix Powder in NW43
- L.A. Girl Blush Collection – Glam
- Lancome Blush – I bought this so long ago, all the labeling had faded – I don’t know what the colour name is
After I have moisturised and applied my sunscreen, I prime my face and I apply foundation. I love this foundation, it’s pretty much the only one that I use. Highlighting is not part of my daily routine – it just takes too much time! I instead contour using the bronzer from the L.A. girl pallette and I apply the shimmery highlight to my cheekbones and tip of my nose.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
- NYX Eyeshadow Base in Beige
- Essence single shadow in Triple Choc
- Design single eyeshadow in a deep burgundy
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
- Sleek Twist Up Eye pencil in Midnight
- Essence Lash Mania Reloaded and Maximum Definition mascaras
I take most time doing my eyes, if I’m really late, I skip the eye make up altogether and just do mascara and eyeliner. For an everyday eye look, I use the Essence shadow as a transition colour, the deep burgundy shade for the outer eye and the crease. What I change on a daily basis is the eyelid colour which I choose from the Naked 3 Pallette; my favourites are Trick, Liar and Mugshot.
- Nude – Chestnut Brown – Faces
- Nude pinks – Spiked with Rum – Wet ‘n wild
- Pink – Shocking Pink – Rimmel
- Red – Red – Woolworths
- Purple – Heroine – MAC
My absolute favourite part! This is where I experiment. I usually go between nude lip and bright lip phases. On the week that I was planning to do this post, I decided to wear my fave colours in each “colour group”. Check out my looks below:What’s your favourite make up product or brand?