Since my last wash day my hair has been feeling rather dry, I did moisturise using the LCO method midweek. This helped a wee bit and it was back to dryness again. Therefore for this wash day I decided to give my hair a much needed moisture boost. Here is what went down…
- Prepoo Coconut oil. I sat under my heating cap for 15 minutes.
- Shampoo BodyShop Rainforest Moisture, my hair felt oily after shampooing, I had to shampoo again, it felt better after the second shampoo but still not great.
- Instant conditioner Watson Repairing Treatment Conditioner with honey, after rinsing out the conditioner my hair felt clean.
- Deep Conditioner Joico K-Pak Intense Hydrator, I steamed it into the hair using my hand held steamer. My hair did not respond to this product as it usually does 🙁 – it left my hair soft but not the buttery softness I am used to with this product
- Leave-In ElastaQP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Leave-In conditioner. It was my first time using it, I think it worked well, I like its consistency, the smell did linger a bit after I had used it.
- Moisturising and sealing Afrobotanics Conditioning Moisturiser and Jojoba Oil.
- Styling I am wigging this week. I separated the hair into 4 and did a single plait per quad and tucked it in.
My 27 week post hair is getting harder and harder to manage, the detangling step before I started with prepooing took me about 45 minutes – because my hair was dry, I had to be extra careful. I am experiencing some breakage, the shedding is quite minimal. My hair felt aight after this wash day, not overly soft or hard. I will keep on monitoring it over the week.