This is my last wash day post for the year. It was much of the same as my previous ones. I am so here for leaving my hair as it is and not messing with it. I want to let it flourish by itself. Of course while doing the healthy hair care practices like deep conditioning, moisturising and sealing etc. I did about 3 moisture and sealing sessions for my hair the past week and it does not feel dry at all in between, so yay to my M&S products.
So here is what went down
- Prepoo Coconut oil without heat for 1 hour
- Shampoo The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Shampoo
- Instant Conditioner Watsons Volumizing Treatment Conditioner with Beer
- Deep Conditioner ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak Conditioner mixed with JBCO. I sat under my heating cap for 20 minutes. I am keeping this conditioner in my stash, it is a firm favourite.
- Moisture and Sealing ElastaQP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-In Conditioner, Afrobotanics Conditioning Moisturiser and Shea Butter.
- Styling I twisted my hair overnight to keep it stretched out. I used a new gel that I bought from Easy Waves. I am loving those gels, they come in small containers and are affordable. It didn’t leave my hair hard at all – I’m not sure about the hold though, I still need to investigate that one.
I will be travelling for the next week or so, I plan to carry my moisturising spritz, shea butter, AfroBotanics Conditioning Moisturiser, Easy Waves Edge Tamer gel, a rat tail comb and a wide toothed comb. I think all these will be enough to keep my hair happy. I haven’t decided yet if I will have a wash day or not.
30 days of growth challenge
I successfully finished my inversion method last week, I managed 6 days :). I didn’t measure my hair before or after – I know that this method gives me some extra growth. I will be posting the results of the growth challenge in the new year.