After failing miserably a few months ago – I decided to pull up my socks and go for my 2nd attempt at a wash and go. This was sparked by my wash day last week and the products I used that made me think that I might have better luck at a wash and go this time around. So armed with tons of research and a ‘can do’ attitude, I styled my hair in a wash and go after this week’s wash day.
I decided to go the co-wash route this time around, just so I can infuse moisture into my hair. My wash day went a little something like this:
- Deep Conditioning on dry hair, I applied ORS Replenishing Conditioner mixed with Jamaican Black Castor Oil, I left that mixture in my hair for 20 minutes – I sat under my heating cap
- Co-wash I used the Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Knot Out Conditioner. I am not very satisfied with the slip of this conditioner, but this time around my hair wasn’t too tangled, so it handled okay
- Leave-in I used the Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Plaiting Pudding Cream (in small amounts this time after my last wash day)
- Sealing I used an oil mix I had made for my skin
- Styling I used EcoStyler gel to the hair and I did 2 strand twists to get the hair to dry in a semi stretched state.
Even though I was a bit shy with the gel (I am soooo scared of gel residue) – my hair turned out beautifully! The 2 strand twists really took it to the next level – but overall my hair had defined curls and remained stretched; Durban humidity had nothing on me this time around. I am writing this post on Wednesday and my hair is still defined and has not dried out.
What I could have done better
I think I could have added more gel to some areas and made smaller 2 strand twists – this would’ve given me a better result overall. But I have a never say die attitude – I will rock the ‘do again next week and implement these tweaks on my wash day.
I think I may have found my summertime hairdo 🙂
Here is the video of how the look ws put together…