It’s always a great day when a South African haircare brand extends its range and gets stocked at a super accessible retailer. The Perfect Hair is a haircare brand that caters to all African hair types and is the brain child of entrepreneur, Taryn Gill. My first introduction to this brand was in 2017 at the Durban Fro Fiesta where I bought their conditioner which I reviewed here.
What they say
The Perfect Hair was developed by local female entrepreneur Taryn Gill, who set out to create a range of effective products suitable for her own natural curly hair, after being disappointed with the options available to her. Today, the brand boasts two ranges: Mango & Marula and Grow on the Go. Designed with essential African oils and high-tech conditioning polymers, The Perfect Hair products contain only the purest natural ingredients to deliver and seal in moisture and aid the styling process. All products in the ranges are natural and vegan, and are housed in recyclable PET packaging, staying true to the brand’s green ethos. They’re free from all chemical and artificial ingredients, including silicones, parabens, petroleum and sulphates. But The Perfect Hair is not just about the products, Taryn is also passionate about education around hair care and styling
I was sent products from the Grow on the Go range. There are also products in the Moringa & Marula range. These are all the products that are available for purchase:
- Grow on the Go – Hair Growth Oil Treatment (R150)
- Grow Me – The Perfect Hairline Repair (R130)
- Grow on the Go – Creamy Conditioner For Curls and Coils (R100)
- Grow on the Go – Sulphate-Free Shampoo For Curls and Coils (R100)
- Grow on the Go – Edge Tamer For Curls and Coils (R60)
- Moringa & Marula – Finishing Spray Curl Care (R130)
- Moringa & Marula – Anti-Frizz Curl Activator Gel (R100)
- Moringa & Marula – Luscious Leave-In Moisturising Butter (R100)
- Moringa & Marula – Detangling Deep Conditioner (R90)
- Moringa & Marula – Soap-Free Silky Soft Shampoo (R90)
Cost and Availability
The price range varies from R60 to R150. I was very pleasantly surprised with this because it is in line with big name brands, so The Perfect Hair is quite competitive. The entire range is exclusively stocked at Clicks.
I am excited about this launch, I love that the range have all the products that you need to take care of your hair. It’s high time we have good access (sold at retailers) to local haircare brands that are affordable. Kudos to Tarryn and the team.