Makeup and skincare lovers rejoiced this evening when Rihanna announced that Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin will be available in several countries in Africa through local retailers starting from 27 May 2022! It was a *finally* moment if there was ever one!
Some of my thoughts about this announcement:
- I am happy that so many countries were included! The more, the merrier
- Definitely interested to see which retailers in South Africa will carry Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin (I have my guesses and my preferred retailers) Update: The products will be sold at Edgars Beauty and Arc Store
- Will we get all the products and all the shades offered by Fenty in other regions?
- What about pricing? I really hope the prices will be on par with other regions
- I really hope they will update the products on par with other regions, we don’t want to be stuck with the same products.
But I have full trust in Rih and the Fenty Brand, they won’t let us down
Over the Easter/April long weekends, I was in Europe (Paris and Lisbon) to be exact and of course I passed by Sephora to re-up on my Fenty Beauty and Fenty Skin products. Here is what I bought:
My favourite moisturiser! The glow that it gives is unmatched! I bought the Fenty Skin Hydra Vizor and the refill because I wanted it to last me! I have been using it daily ever since I got back. I reviewed it in this post when I used the travel size that my sister got for me in February 2021.
The Fenty Beauty Eaze Drop Blurring Skin Tint was the first product on my list in terms of makeup. I am a sucker for Fenty Beauty complexion products. I was lucky in that I could try out this product before buying it – I used my sister’s one for 2 days before going in to buy it myself. I settled on shade 18, the same shade as hers. It’s the perfect barely there, your skin but better skin tint.
Tbh when the Snap Shadows first dropped I knew that I wasn’t going to buy all of them and ended up settling on the Deep Neutrals palette because it is perfect for everyday use and will be a great choice of palette to work trips.
I cracked the Fenty Skin Instant Reset Overnight Recovery Gel-Cream open tonight for the first time after the announcement – it’s one of those that I had been saving for a later date because I didn’t want all my products to finish at once. I am so happy that I can use it freely now.
There’s also this I think this is the Fenty Beauty Butta Drop will be the first product that I buy in SouthAfrica! I won’t even look at the price tag